Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14

So when I was playing the piano yesterday played through all of "Part of Your World" and when the song was over I realized that I had played the entire song without the tape on the keys! (I put tape on the keys and write the notes name on the tape) I am really proud of how far I have come since the beginning of this project! I am still having problems though when I try to play "The Impossible Dream". I am taking it slowly and playing just the left hand a few times, and then just the right hand a few times, but when I play both hands at one I mess up and have to start all over! But I will keep working on it and hopefully by the end of this semester I will have mastered that song as well. I haven't only been playing the songs that I decided on at the beginning of this project. I have been sight reading a lot of the music we have at home (my sister plays the piano and so we have a lot of piano books) and I think that I am getting better at sight reading and getting the notes right from the start of the song! I will be working on "The Impossible Dream" for another week or two and then I want to start "I Dreamed a Dream". Even though the Google Projects end in December, I plan on playing the piano after that as well. I really like playing the piano and I think that I am really getting the hang of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment