Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October 1- October 11

I have been working on using my left and right hand together for the past week and a half. In band I play the clarinet, so I can read the treble clef notes. But the left hand is in bass clef, so I am having trouble reading the notes for that. I wrote in all of the note names on the music so that I can still play with my left hand. But when I try to play without the written in notes I get lost and I can't play it right. I can now go through all of "Part of your World" using both hands and keeping a steady pace! I will continue to practice it until the end of the week and then I will switch to just the right hand of "A Spoonful of Sugar" and I will work my way into using both hands again. I am really enjoying playing the piano! I like how I can play multiple notes at once and how I can make the entire song and not need other instruments to back me up! It's really fun.       

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're having fun! Practice with just the left hand. Also, instead of writing down the names of all the notes, write down fingerings when (and only when) you need them.
    Good Job!!!

    ReplyDelete